Just One

Some Women, Some Cameras, Just One (that's our story, and we're sticking to it) beverage. Shake. Serve with twist of venting, crying, bitching, and laughing-laughing-laughing. Men Welcome. Buy us all the drinks you want, but we still won't sleep with you. Probably.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

S.O.S.

So, I called Momo last night: I was heading out for coffee, I told her. Going to read the camera manual over an iced tea. Would she like to join me, at Cafe Kopi? It was, after all, in the neighborhood of her workplace. She agreed. On the way over, I happened to phone Mel: You in for coffee? LO! She's just hanging out working late, she'll be there for coffee. I phoned Momo back: "Mel's coming!" "Great!" She said. "See you at the Esquire."

Ahem.

Esquire is NOT for coffee. Esquire is for Just One. Pitcher. Of Blue Moon.

Whats Da Girlz to do?

It was actually a low-key Girlz Night. Downright necessary, almost, or why would we have suggested it was for coffee? We just each happen to have *something* going on to create a source of stress for us. We talked easily this night, but we also purged. There are conflicts and surgeries, and we need girlfriends' love and advice baby. Like no one else can give it.

In the interim, there is trivia: Your foot is as long as the length of the space between your elbow and your wrist. Melissa tests it out! Suh-NAP!


For the record, I blurped out this detail to my current "roommate" (son's friend, and my co-son, John) and he tried it. Interesting detail is that he immediately popped off this detail about himself: His "wingspan" is 75" to his 72" height. It is normally an equal measurement. His arms are "too long," but his father had a late growth spurt, in his early 20s, so he figures his is coming. Whatever. Tape measure at the next girls night out:
Wing Span: Height.
Someone bring Microsoft Excel.

As the coffee night was ORIGINALLY meant to be a glass of ice tea and a read through the camera manual, I was, at the least, obligated to play with the new cam. Of all that I came home with, I found this one of Mel frame-able:


Oh, and this one, of our 12-year-old waiter. Holy crap. All of our freakin ob-gyn docs seem to start looking like this "kid" too, the older I get.



Later in the evening, I handed the camera to Don England, who promptly taught me a few cool portrait techniques. Will require a ladder in real life. In the meantime, Chizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.


That's pretty cool. HEY! Shut up, Don E! I think Momo and Melissa are talking about out something much more fun than cameras! What is it?!!

Sure enough, that IS what they're talking about. Everyone else shut the hell up, we need to regain control of this conversation.

We're a lovey bunch; we ended up gushing about how much we loved one another, and how much we loved Mel's fiance, Joey, and Marcy's husband, Mike. Here's Marcy, all verklempt.


Talk amongst yourselves.

7 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger Janet said...

What a WONDERFUL idea! I don't get to see my "girlfriends" together very often, but I'll be ready to post a submission next time I go to Houston, OK?

GREAT blog! It's infectious! (And I mean that in the BEST sense...HONEST I do!!)

Janet

(lordcelery.blogspot.com)

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Momo said...

Love, LOVE that picture of Melissa! That new camera and, of course, our Melissa are both fabulous!!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

Thesecond digit on my pinkie is exactly an inch. Thumb to pinky is exactly eight if I really stretch out my hand. Arm span from tip to tip is exactly six feet (three inches too short for height, but I have elbows that don't fully open. Standing flatfooded and reaching ONE arm straight up, exactly eight feet. (Handy for telling the heighth of ceiling in houses. Standard to sheetrock is exactly eight feet).

Width of palm in a fist, five inches.

I got more...

All handy for a carpenter to know, mind you...

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some more useless knowledge for the next girls night. A guys waist is twice the size of his neck. Have him take his pants and wrap the waist around his neck and it proves the point. Ok, for most. I am not sure if this is also true on women. But depending how daring your are you might want to try this at home not at the bar.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger gnightgirl said...

Janet: Can hardly wait! Get your tickets now!

Scott & Anon: Am taking notes. I see new happy hour games in our future.

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Melissa said...

How lucky are we? Very very lucky indeed!

I love you two!!

btw - we missed you George.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Momo said...

Melissa: We love you too!

And we missed George too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home