Just One

Some Women, Some Cameras, Just One (that's our story, and we're sticking to it) beverage. Shake. Serve with twist of venting, crying, bitching, and laughing-laughing-laughing. Men Welcome. Buy us all the drinks you want, but we still won't sleep with you. Probably.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Jokers wild.


Allow me to introduce Kristin. She's the one in the pink shirt. You know with the wine glass on it. It says "mommy juice" on it. She doesn't look happy, does she? That's because we are taking her for all she's worth. And that's about $4.35.

Seriously, Kristin joined our poker group this month. While we are grateful for another sucker, I mean, player... I am happy to have another friend in the group. So tonight, I introduced her to all the chicks - and they were happy to take her money, I mean, happy to meet her.

We've been playing for three years now. Wow. Has it really been three years? It's my favorite day of the month.

So here's what we ate/drank:

-2 bottles Albarino (white spanish wine)
-1 bottle Red Spanish wine
-3 diet sodas
-6 molasses cookies (Trader Joe's!)
-lots of celery, carrots, mushrooms dipped in jalapeno ranch dressing
-honey pretzel sticks
-a ridiculous amount of candy - tootsie rolls and the like
-cheese and crackers

And there were only six of us.

Frankly, I think I had the majority of the wine and Kristin had the majority of the cookies. So why am I typing and Kristin is standing here laughing? Hmmmm...

I walked away with $1.80 more than I started and she broke even.

Not bad for a Wednesday night.

3 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger gnightgirl said...

High Rollers, Baby! $4.35: too rich for my blood.

Wendy: Do something nice for yourself with your $1.80!

Kristin! Nice to meet you, and welcome aboard. What's your take on these wiley women? Did they cheat? Were you on the lookout for hidden cameras?

This was a fun post that made me laugh a lot. Great pix of you and your friends.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Mary Poppins said...

I need to do that, pronto!!!

Well, techinically I have to learn to play first...but I'm sure we can just ignore that lil' detail for the time being!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Mary - as Kristin will tell you, no need to know how to play to have a good time!

Gnightgirl - I'm planning to get a skim latte with my haul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home