Just One

Some Women, Some Cameras, Just One (that's our story, and we're sticking to it) beverage. Shake. Serve with twist of venting, crying, bitching, and laughing-laughing-laughing. Men Welcome. Buy us all the drinks you want, but we still won't sleep with you. Probably.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Martinis...revisited.

Since reading about Gnightgirl's martini experience, I've had martini-on-the-brain. So when we went to dinner last night at Nick's Fish House with our friends, Melissa and Scott, my hub ordered a gin martini (ewww!) and I ordered a Ketel One version. Melissa (bless her wimpy soul) ordered a Cosmopolitan (her hub had a Makers Mark on the rocks - I love a guy who can drink bourbon!).

The dinner was okay. Not great, but fine. We were chatty with the couple at the next table and our new friend even consented to a photo! I'm feeling more and more like I'd fit in at the hot spots in Champaign, where it appears everyone talks to everyone. Here, in the big unfriendly city, that doesn't really happen so much.

And while we ordered plated food, Muriel and her date ordered steamed crabs, a Maryland favorite. If you've never had them - they are dumped in the center of the table which is covered in paper. You eat them with your hands, a mallet and a knife for help. Huge mess. Incredibly yummy.

But did the night end here? No way! We packed up and went to Bare Bones to hear some blues. The Skyla Burrell Band was playing and we'd all heard how good they were.

And here's some exciting news! Melissa, Kristin and I (and another friend of Melissa's) just got tickets to see Four Bitchin' Babes. I'll be sure to report on that one!

7 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Momo said...

Wow! Love the pics!

That crab pic is amazing - I've never seen anything like that! And how nice that your dinner "neighbors" let you take pictures. She sure looks friendly and smiley. How cute!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

If you ever head this way, I'll take you out for crabs & show you how to eat those things!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger gnightgirl said...

Ok, I'm going to learn to love The Martini. Ketel One it is!

Eating crabs in MD was one of my favorite experiences, and you're right! People don't talk much out there. I'll post pix of what happens when you don't talk to the likes of us!

We are going to make this happen!

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger kristin said...

wendy: you talked to the people at the table next to you? do you know my mother-in-law?

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger gnightgirl said...

I heard she asked for a bite of their dessert too.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Kristin - I most surely do know your mother-in-law. Are you comparing me here? Do I sense that? I'm sure I'm just misinterpreting your comment....

Gnightgirl - I rarely eat dessert out. And besides, they weren't at that point when we left anyway! Start working on the Ketel One...

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmm.......crabs!

Laurie a/k/a Miss New Orleans
www.missneworleans.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home