Just One

Some Women, Some Cameras, Just One (that's our story, and we're sticking to it) beverage. Shake. Serve with twist of venting, crying, bitching, and laughing-laughing-laughing. Men Welcome. Buy us all the drinks you want, but we still won't sleep with you. Probably.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Nashville Nights - Lipstick Edition

Thank you for joining us today in the Bible Belt, y'all. I'm jag and I'll be your server today. I enjoy long walks on the beach, having sweet nothings whispered in my ear, and sipping champagne in front of a roaring fire beer.

After an emotional Veterans Day (men in uniform make me cry like an overactive tear duct in an onion patch), beer and socializing is well deserved, right? That Friday night found six of us girls at a local Nashville watering hole for what was (I swear) supposed to be just one. Megan, my date for the evening, and I had left our better halves at home and had every intention of putting in an appearance at the bar but heading out early.

Yeah, that happened.

Turns out, it was one of the owner's wife's 40th, so the entire place was decked out in Over The Hill decor, and while a long table down the middle of the room was reserved for the official partygoers, everybody who came in the door, us included, was invited to join in the revelry. There were bottles of wine on the table, gratis, for the occasion, and a kick ass cover band was getting ready to start up.

Here's us during the first round, looking nice and sober (that's me on the far left - good God, my face looks fat - remind me to not turn my head that way ever. One beer turned into a beer and a shot, but, what the hey, two of the ladies had driven all the way down from Bowling Green to hang out, so it was the least we could do.
Then the guest of honor arrived, and we had to toast her birthday and all, so maybe one more couldn't hurt. We'd still be home by ten.

Resident cocktailer and Nashville Star contestant Tasha got up to sing a song, and shoot, we couldn't leave in the middle of her performance....

Around this time, some people from Anheuser-Busch were in the house, passing out free beverages. Now, it'd just be rude to refuse them, right? For the sake of chronology, here's me and Heather, who dates one of my oldest friends, at about this time - bet you can guess who took the Bud people up on their offer and who didn't:As soon as the self-imposed ten o'clock curfew went out the window, it was no holds barred. Much to the chagrin of the more conservative patrons in our immediate area, the band played a little Guns N' Roses block, which inspired this:When the Axl impressions start, it's time to go home. One of the main reasons I love this bar is that it's a block from my house, so I can party a little more than usual without worrying about having to drive home. If you're heading to Nashville and looking for a break from the honky tonks, holler at the girls. A good time is just about guaranteed. They didn't just hang this sign for their health:
They ain't lyin'.

8 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger gnightgirl said...

I love this! First of all, welcome aboard.

The pictures are great, and you did a really nice job of explaining how just one can accidentally turn into missing curfew. Clearly, there was nothing you could do.

Great post!

 
At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Melissa said...

Last time I checked....Nashville is only 5 hours away from C-U. How's Nashville in the Spring? Girls...do I hear road-trip?

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger CHEZ BEZ said...

That is my favorite bar that I have never been into. Looks like a great time was had by all.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

I love Nashville! Spring trip? Girls????

Welcome aboard Jag - this is one fun inaugural post. I don't think anyone has posted a face licking photo until at least the 2nd or 3rd go-round. So yeah for you!

Looks like y'all had a great time!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger jag said...

Helllooooooo ladies! (And Michael)

Nashville in the Spring is amazing, assuming you come before the April or May rains (the dates vary, but before the soak is gorgeous, after the soak is humid). I will be happy to play tour guide if requested. Small down payment for services required (payable in Jack Daniels).

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger gnightgirl said...

First round's on me!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Mary Poppins said...

I'm gonna have to start using my Frequent Flyer miles!!!!

I definitely was feeling the Axl Rose impersonation!!....

lol!!

Great post!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Momo said...

Oh, wow! All of us getting together would be AMAZING!!!

Great post Jag. I love the Axl impression too!

You look like a lot of fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home