Just One

Some Women, Some Cameras, Just One (that's our story, and we're sticking to it) beverage. Shake. Serve with twist of venting, crying, bitching, and laughing-laughing-laughing. Men Welcome. Buy us all the drinks you want, but we still won't sleep with you. Probably.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Tough Girls 101

Tuesday night, we met out, for Just One beverage

While we sipped our One Drink, we discussed that Marcy and I have been known to be "pushovers" at times...but don't go asking us for money just because I told you that.

Melissa, therefore, gave us lessons on how to scare away annoying coworkers (not that we have any), pesky panhandlers, and lounge-lizard men that want to know our astrological signs.

She says that all you have to do is to look at the offender like this:


Yikes! The key, she says, is to hold this pose, without saying a word, until they retreat. She swears by it, and made us work on our mean faces.

Mike's tough-girl look is pretty good:


Marcy and I started out on the right track:


But we faded fast:



And crumbled almost immediately:


Until Melissa looked at us like this again:


After we stopped crying, we gave it one more college try:

I'm afraid it's the best we can do. Just take our wallets, already, and we'll e-mail you our pin numbers when we get home.

8 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger CHEZ BEZ said...

Yikes. I've seen that look by my evil anti-kindness boss. Melissa has it down.

Gnightgirl, however, just looks sleepy in her attempt. Just sayin.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger gnightgirl said...

Damn!! I'm never going to scare anyone off by looking sleepy.

On the other hand, maybe they'll just give up and walk away, if I lie down and take a nap. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Tai said...

Yeah..., the looking like your having to much damn fun just give it away!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

I need a lesson from Melissa too! You all look pretty convincing to me :)

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Lovely picture story!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Maladjusted said...

OK, were you guys at Blind Pig Friday, pretty early in the evening? The hubster and I were there and I could have sworn I saw the two of you but then realized it could have just been the beer. :)

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger gnightgirl said...

Dear God, we WERE a the blind pig. If you didn't leave early, I'm sorry for all you had to overhear!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Mary Poppins said...

Aww..that last pic is priceless...I definitely could have joined u in that one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home