Just One

Some Women, Some Cameras, Just One (that's our story, and we're sticking to it) beverage. Shake. Serve with twist of venting, crying, bitching, and laughing-laughing-laughing. Men Welcome. Buy us all the drinks you want, but we still won't sleep with you. Probably.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

What a riot.

Last night, we attended the 11th Annual Oyster Riot at the Old Ebbitt Grill in D.C. It's a night of music, wine (and lots of it) and you guessed it... oysters. Mostly raw oysters - about 20 varieties - but also fried and some sandwiches and shooters. All you can eat. It's a huge party. This was our second year going. And our second year going with Kristin and Jeff.

What you'll notice is that there are no oyster pictures. Why is that? I guess we got really focused on the food when we first got there. So I never took the camera out. Well, that is until we were toasted from the wines and full from the oysters.

There were so many things to share. Some are here....

1) The ladies' room. It was a portapotty building - luxurious, though!

Framed art in every stall.

Feminine products galore....

Even real silk flowers.

I have no idea what this girl was doing. But doesn't she look funny? Can you imagine if someone took your picture in a ladies' room? Yikes. What was I thinking?

But this made it worth it. Here were two very made-up women doing each others' makeup. I was fascinated...

2) People watching and good friends.

I loved this girl's dress. Doesn't she look great?

This guy, James, was some character. Drunker than I have ever seen someone in an upright position for sure. I don't think he knew this girl. He loves his bowtie. He's an engineer who works with flooding. He promised he wasn't driving. He made some comment about whether we had sons to introduce him to. Not bloody likely. Though he did like my butt in my Joe jeans. I guess I should be flattered, but I'm not sure he had clear vision anyway. Probably didn't.


This is Jeff's stomach. Honestly? I can't remember why he bared it.... His shirt was awesome - kind of a searsucker but much cooler.

Now I really, really don't remember why Jeff was pointing at Kristin's breasts. I do remember thinking she had quite a stack...

Jeff was possessed. Doesn't this look crazy? They were giving out flashing oyster pins!

Here is Kristin with Andrew. They make a cute couple. Should I be worried?

Random people. Notice the glowing blue lights all around!

More random people.


They look serious. Maybe it was before the wine. Oh wait! It was! This was in their hotel room before the party began....

And now for the piece de resistance....



This was on a dare. Boy did it make the men squirm. (Though it wasn't authentic, I admit...)

I can't wait for next year's Oyster Riot!

8 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger gnightgirl said...

I read this 30 minutes before Momo & Woof are picking me up for dinner. I'm starving and I want OYSTERS! Not too many of those growing on trees here though.

Love the pix. Free hygiene supplies, those are worth a fortune! Did you dump the basket into your purse?

Looks like a lot of fun was had, and I predict the girl-on-girl wrap up will warrant a lot of comments. Nice job!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

You must come next year, GNG. It's always a week or so before Thanksgiving. Please?

I did not take any fem supplies. I was fortunate enough not to need any. :)

We did have a lot of fun. But kissing Kristin was, of course, the highlight. (wink, wink)

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger kristin said...

lol! right back at ya, wendy ;)

(WHY did we think we should take a photo of my husband's belly? i was laughing hysterically and jeff said 'i don't know what's so funny about it')

:)

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Mary Poppins said...

Awesome pics..especially the blue eyed possessed one!!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Red said...

I noticed that girl's dress too! Did you find out where she got it?

This was my first year I can't wait til next year.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Hey Red! Thanks for coming by. Maybe I saw you there? I was the drunk one with the black boots... Hee hee.

I'm heading on over to see your blog now....

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Momo said...

Great pics, Wendy!

Looks like you all had a great time. The stomach pic is hilarious...and I think Kristin looks great in HER dress!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Red said...

Are you going to the Riot this year? Tickets go on sale in 2 weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home