Just One

Some Women, Some Cameras, Just One (that's our story, and we're sticking to it) beverage. Shake. Serve with twist of venting, crying, bitching, and laughing-laughing-laughing. Men Welcome. Buy us all the drinks you want, but we still won't sleep with you. Probably.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Happy trails


Today I took a friend to lunch. And while you might think that taking someone to lunch at Roy Roger's is a bit of a cheap-o thing to do, think again.

I'll back up a little. I'll call my friend Judi (and that's because her name is Judi). Judi's birthday was on November 19th. On November 27th, one of those big birthday lunches in her honor was to take place. I, unfortunately, had other plans. Plans that had been rescheduled quite a few times. So, I did not join the ladies for lunch at P.F. Chang's that day.

I did, however, upon receipt of the kind invitation, ask Judi if she would be my guest for lunch on another, mutally agreeable day. I would take her someplace special.

Well, if you know Judi, you know that she loves the Roy Roger's roast beef sandwich. I mean really a lot.

Did I mention that the closest Roy's is in Frederick, Maryland? That's 38 miles from here. And while some might balk at driving that far for lunch, it's in my blood. We used to drive hours and hours to have dinner every Sunday when I was a kid. So no, it was not an issue for me.

So, at 11:45 today, I picked her up and we headed west. Giddyup. By 12:30, we were ordering our Roast Beef meals -- actually, I got a new ham and roast beef sandwich they are pushing this month. She is not a ham fan, so she stuck with the traditional roast beef. I like the horseradish sauce and bbq sauce mixed on my RR sandwich. Judi? She takes it straight. No sauce at all. Everything was mighty good. Plus, did you know that Roy's has caffeine-free diet soda on tap? This is a big plus.

And now for the best news. There is a Fractured Prune opening in the same shopping center soon. So we'll be back! Happy Trails and Cheers!

3 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

I love Roy Rogers roast beef. We don't have them here anymore.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger gnightgirl said...

I've never heard of Roy Rogers Roast Beef, you guys get all the good stuff!

Mini road trip, great food, great friend, great day.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Mary Poppins said...

WE don't have Roy Rogers here!!! Why!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home