Just One

Some Women, Some Cameras, Just One (that's our story, and we're sticking to it) beverage. Shake. Serve with twist of venting, crying, bitching, and laughing-laughing-laughing. Men Welcome. Buy us all the drinks you want, but we still won't sleep with you. Probably.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Little orphan pokerchicks.

shameless crosspost. forgive me.




(photo by Laurie - I only wish she was in it too!)

Sadly, we were missing 2 of our pokerchicks last night. We were hoping for a full house.

A lot happened this week for all our chicks. One has a very sick cat. Another has a husband with a herniated disk. There are work issues for several, kid issues for others. It's just that time of year, you know? As for me, my hub was stuck in Boston after all the flights were canceled because of the huge snowstorm. Wouldn't have been so bad, I suppose, except he was stuck outside waiting for a train in the storm for hours freezing his tush off. Oh and did I mention that I packed him his left glove and my right glove? Do you know how small my hands are? Oops. I have to say, he was a trooper. Hopefully he'll get home today. But I digress.

Last night was an extravaganza. And it was clearly the distraction that we all needed. Stacks (not her real name) set up an amazing spread - crab cakes, shrimp, nuts, cheese, toffee and more along with champagne and lovely wines.

We talked, we laughed. And we laughed some more.

Oh, and we played poker. Baltimore, Follow the Queen, High-Low, Omaha. We played 'em all.

No big losers last night (well, maybe one).

So maybe it wasn't the most serious game we've ever had. But speaking for myself, I think ranks up there with the best.

I love these chicks. And I love this night every month.

2 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Gnightgirl said...

I love this photo, and the title. I can't believe I haven't commented on this til now.

We are J1 Slackers!...just wait til the weather warms up, tho!

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a poker chick too. check out highheelspokertour.com they have tournaments all over the country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home